We believe firmly that Church is more than just what we do on a Sunday.
As a central point in the East Cowes and Whippingham Community, we offer the following within our churches:
- We can supply a reference to schools for children if the family regularly attend Church on Sundays.
- We can baptise you or your children if you live in the parish or have a family connection with our church.
- We have baby and toddler meetings (Teddy Club), every Thursday. See Whats’ On for the next date)
- We can prepare adults and young people for confirmation each year.
- The clergy may sign your passport application without charge once they have known you for two years.
- We can marry you in Church subject to all legal requirements being met.
- In due course, the clergy may provide a work reference for you.
- We have Bible Study groups which you will be warmly welcomed into.
- We welcome children of all ages, to our Sunday services.
- We have regular Coffee Mornings (See Whats’ On for the next date)
- We have regular Cream Teas (See Whats’ On for the next date)
- We have a Friendship Guild at St.James’ which meets once a month. (See Whats’ On for the next date)
- We are part of Churches Together in East Cowes & Whippingham. (See What’s On for the next date)
- If asked, the ministers will pray for and/or visit your or your relatives who live in the parish.
Find out more by asking a member of the Clergy, or a Church Warden, at our next Church Event!